Re: Can't get the needle bar to move

Kathy Skagen

Sounds amazing for quilters!

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 02:11:14 PM CDT, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:

A Tin Lizzie 18 is a long arm quilter with an 18” throat. The 15000 has 11” to the right of the needle but the throat on a long arm is to the back of the machine. A long arm moves over a quilt on a frame. The quilt moves under the needle on the 15000. We have a stool nearby, but use it for resting and watching the robot quilt…not for free or ruler quilting.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Jun 15, 2021 at 12:15 PM, <Kathy Skagen> wrote:

I have never seen a Tin Lizzie but would a chair that has an adjustable seat that can be raised help? I'm 5'3 and that helps me with my regular sewing machines.

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:55:53 AM CDT, Sally Silvers <salsewsart@...> wrote:

My machine is  Tin Lizzie 18, too.  It has served me well with light use (life gets in the way) and even surviving a move.  My one complaint is that I can't see where I'm going when I stitch backwards.  I'm short, only about 5' and think maybe if Lizzie were lower, I'd see better.  Any suggestions would be welcome.