Re: Needle question

Lyn Quine

I have a Silver 720D serger/Overlocker which called for the same needles,I was told by silver to use the standard needles I use on my sewing machines, and I could use normal ball points to or stretch needles.

I also have a Babylock Ovation cover lock, which takes ELX705 needles they look the same as my normal needles but labelled serger. Jim can you tell me how they are different to my normal microtex or normal needles.  I have bought some ELX705 stretch needles for it but they only recommend ELX705 80/12 or 90/14 will I damage the babylock by using the stretch version?

On 11 Jun 2021, at 23:34, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Nope, you're on the money. The SP just indicates ball point, but the size is the same.