Re: sewing polyester

Pixey

I noticed the same thing with my CoverPro and both sergers. I also noticed similar behavior with my HD9 (which is a much more mechanical machine than my computerized ones).

Pixey

On Jun 9, 2021, at 9:50 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

´╗┐Cheryl, it's been my experience with sergers (& a CoverPro works similarly, I don't own one) that when we press on the foot pedal, it takes a few moments for the stitching to actually start.
It has something to do with the fact that it's mechanical, not like our computerized machines, that start sewing almost instantly.
At least in my use of 2 different brands of sergers there's always that 'humming' or grinding' sound that precedes the machine starting to stitch.
My friend I was helping last week, was using the newest Janome Air Threader serger, mine is a lower end Janome and we both had the exact same start up time when we press the foot pedal.
I don't think it's something we can do to change it, and even stepping harder on the control doesn't really make it start quicker.
Just stay steady!
--
Favymtz