sewing instructions?

JoAnn Novak

I find that is common with the directions.   Even with something hubby buys & puts together.   The instructions are not clear or make sense.  He just uses his common sense & puts together the way he thinks.  It is very frustrating.   Guess people just do not think clearly any more.

Try making it with some scrap material first the part that makes no sense to see it you can figure it out.

JoAnn (Wisconsin)

On 6/9/2021 1:09 AM, Joyce Daniel wrote:

I have been teaching a design student to sew. She picked out a McCall’s pants pattern that has a draw/bag type waist……looked simple enough. It has inset pockets and a front zipper…..and directions that make absolutely no sense at all…..I consider myself an advanced sewist and these directions are for someone who is super duper advanced. Is there a group, etc. that could help decipher sewing pattern instructions? Maybe, I should contact McCall’s? Funny thing is we started these pants last summer and she went off to college and I was hoping they would disappear, but she just got home and the first thing she asked was if we could finish up the pants again. Agghh!

Joyce