Is This Something?

Kathy Strabel

Greetings: Someone with some machine repair experience might be able to answer this:  I will skip the frustrating details, but let's just say that I picked up my machine from a repair and when I got it home, I found some very fine fibers sticking out of the slot where the first thread guide is attached on my E500 Embroidery-only machine.  I used tweezers to pull on these baby-fine fibers, and what came out was a compacted "bullet" of white fibers. About 1/4" in diameter and sort of random in shape. Far as I know, this is not an oiling point, so probably not an oil wick of any kind.  It had no oil or moisture on it.  My question is this: Is this an oil wick or other "thing" that is supposed to be in that area? If so, what IS it?  It did not take any force to remove it, it just came out with the tweezers. Unfortunately,I set it on the table and either my cat found it and played with it, or aliens took it away, so I cannot take a picture.  I know I could just call the same guy who did the repairs, but that is probably not a good idea at the moment.  Any information appreciated.
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA