Re: sewing polyester

Pixey

Carole,

You don’t say how many shirts you want to hem. But if it is a large number or ongoing project, investing in a cover lock or serger with cover lock stitch capabilities might be worth exploring.  I have a Janome CoverPro 1000 CPX that I use to shorten hems and sleeves on t-shirts and golf style shirts and it is great at it.

Pixey

On Jun 5, 2021, at 8:45 AM, Carole O'Mara <caroleinco@...> wrote:

I would like to hem golf shirts--100% polyester, some poly & about 9% spandex.  How do I keep the hems from looking like ruffles? Since these fabrics don't ravel, I do not need to finish the raw edge...just trim, fold fabric to wrong side and stitch.  I'd like 2 rows of stitches about 1/4" apart as that would look best as these shirts are worn untucked.  I have MC15000.  Thank you for any suggestions.

Carole - Colorado