Re: embroidering on a sportswear shirt

Cheryl Alm

I use a fusible no show mesh on back of shirt.  Hoop sticky stabilizer in hoop and "float" shirt rather than hooping so as to not get hoop burn on shirt.  Then use a water soluble topper and the baste function on the machine.  I have collected various garments of different fabrics from thrift shops to test designs before committing to my project garment.

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Joyce Daniel <mdaniel@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 9, 2021 6:21:08 AM
To: 12000GRP <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] embroidering on a sportswear shirt

I would like to embroider a school name on the front of a tshirt that is of the slicky ltwt knit sportswear fabric. Like you would wear to exercise class.

Any suggestions for stabilizers top/bottom/etc? I’ve never embroidered on this type fabric.

TIA! Joyce

We are all tourists, God is our travel agent

who has already identified our routes,

bookings, and destinations…..trust Him always

and enjoy the beautiful life He has given you.

Charlie Chaplin