Re: Servicing of Janome 15000

Sheri-A

My 15000 is at least 7 years and and I've been good about taking it in for maintenance annually, but it's showing it's age.  A few weeks ago, I took it in early for maintenance and adjustments because I was getting loops on the back of the fabric. I mentioned the machine was louder with a grinding sound that was new.  After service I was getting an error message and noticed I was still hearing the sound, so I took it back in.  On the second visit, I was told the tech also oiled the needle bar area to help with the sound.  The sound was much less and the sewing was good.  About a week later, I was sewing binding on a white quilt and notice oil spots in a few areas (about the size of English peas).  Prior to that, I had been sewing on multicolored fabric and may not have seen the oil spots.