From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Kathy Strabel
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2021 5:04 PM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io Notification <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] suggested stitch?

Joyce----Do you know how to do a binding?  Like on the edge of a quilt. It could be made from a separate piece of fabric that coordinates with your muslin fabric. Don't be put off if you don't feel you could do the mitered corners that are traditional. There is another way to bind a quilt that I have adopted that does not require mitering the corners. There is a very good video on You Tube that explains this super easy method.  Here is the link to the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJFiiACpKRA&t=358s

Good luck!

Kathy Strabel

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 2:02 PM Joyce Daniel <mdaniel@...> wrote:

I have a beautiful piece of 2 sided slate blue musliny type fabric I’d like to use as a receiving blanket/nursing cover.

Any suggestions for a way to finish the raw edge?

It’s light weight and one sided, not sheer. I only have a yard so don’t really have any extra to practice with. Help??

Joyce in GA

We are all tourists, God is our travel agent

who has already identified our routes,

bookings, and destinations…..trust Him always

and enjoy the beautiful life He has given you.

Charlie Chaplin

--

Have a good one!
Kathy Strabel