Foot pedal Janome 15000

Helene B

I have a Janome 15000. Recently when I am sewing a picture of the foot petal comes up on the screen with a warning message and the machine stops. I prefer to use the foot petal to stop and start my machine. When this started I removed the little gizmo on the foot petal that cuts thread because I never use to see if that helps but it continues. When this happens I briefly disengage the foot petal from the machine then engage it again and the machine works again for a few minutes before it stops again with the same warning. Is this something I should be concerned about? It is very annoying.