Re: RE18 Hoop

Jim Stutsman

I think your dealer's interpretation of "compatible" is that the RE18 can be physically attached to your machine. The software in the machine will not recognize it as such, and there is no update that I could find that would allow it to. Attempting to install the 15000 update should not work, and trying to use it could conceivable brick your machine. Your only option is to tell the machine you are using the SQ23 hoop, attach the RE18, and use the editing function to make absolutely certain that the design is centered and is not wider than 140mm (5 1/2") or longer than 180mm (7"). As long as you do that it should work but if you don't have the design centered in what the machine believes to be the SQ23 hoop, you might hit the hoop. That would damage the hoop, and perhaps the machine.