Re: Janome HD Roller Foot for Janome 7mm and 9mm High Shank Machines

Pixey

Well, I gave my HD Roller Foot a try on my HD9 in sewing the purse straps to the square metal rings. Used the FootBook video to set it up...thanks Jim and Diane, that really was helpful, especially on how to swing it out of the way to install it on the machine. It worked nicely for a tight, close-in straight stitch parallel to the side of the metal ring. However, I could not figure out how to use it and make the turn to sew up the sides of the strap perpendicular to the square metal ring. Ended up using a couple of straight across parallel rows to secure the strap.

So overall positive impression of it if you need to get the needle in close but obviously need to play with it a bit more. I cannot see how it would be used for a free motion style of stitching. Psychologically it felt a bit weird sewing so close to what was almost a bare needle...particularly with a machine this powerful. Was definitely using my stiletto to guide my strap.

Pixey