Re: iPad and pencil

Jim Stutsman

It comes down to what you want to use it for. If we’re talking email and web, then a base model would be fine. For digitizing you might want to bump the RAM up a bit. I would get an SSD instead of a conventional hard drive. That’s standard on the MacBook Air. Apple’s SSD prices are pretty steep once you get past the base model, but you could always use an external drive if you need more storage. It really comes down to whether you need Windows or not. If you do, then you don’t have many options. If you can get by without Windows any MacBook with the M1 processor would be the best choice. Note that those with M1 can run iPad software on the Mac.