Re: Janome HD Roller Foot for Janome 7mm and 9mm High Shank Machines

Pixey

I purchased one on sale last fall to use on my HD9 when sewing purse style projects but have not had a chance to use it yet because things got sidetracked for a few months by my husband’s recovery from broken leg.  May be trying it soon as I am currently at work on a new purse project.

I suspect the confusion about compatibility comes from the fact that there have been two different styles of Acufeed used on Janome machines.  The older Acufeed system on the 6600P came all the way down from the machine to hook into the foot and was much more ‘in-the-way’ behind the shaft than the newer Acufeed Flex style of the 15000 where most of the mechanics are actually located within the removable foot system and the single connection point to drive the motion is much higher and more out of the way.

Pixey

On Mar 25, 2021, at 11:16 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Janome dealers should all carry the foot compatible with the 15000. Just last week I asked my dealer about it and am scheduled to go in and test it out before purchasing it.
It's pretty expensive so they're letting me try before buying.
The video I saw about it also showed doing a sort of "free motion" quilting using the foot which is what I was interested in trying.

--
Favymtz