Re: DIY - make your own magnetic hoop for the 15000 using the GR hoop

saba_cat2

Jim, I'm confused.  The Gaffer Tape Amazon link is for

Polyken 223 Multi-Purpose Duct Tape: 3 in. x 60 yds. (White).

Is this really what Diane used on her hoop?  Wouldn't this be a better option (also from Amazon)?

On Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 10:47:11 AM PST, Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:

Cat-  I have that tape too and it is great.  I think it was recommended by someone named Jeanie(?) as she used it to make a frame for utilizing less stabilizer.  I lost track of her website and it might have been from one of the groups when Jim was on Facebook.  She used to have a blog that I followed but lost track of it when I switched computers and somehow deleted all the bookmarks from my browser.
Another great tape to have is 3M's Transpore.  It's fantastic on the back of rulers and also use it for the underneath of in the hoop items as masking tape just seems to roll on me. Ceil

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 9:30 AM Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc=netscape.net@groups.io> wrote:
I haven’t tried the GR hoop DIY (thank you for the instructions!) or ordered the tape, but I have used the 3M tape (link below) on my hoops for several years. It is very sticky, holds well, but leaves no residue on the hoops. Someone recommended it, I think in this group.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Feb 23, 2021 at 8:28 AM, <saba_cat2 via groups.io> wrote:

Jim and Diane,

Is "Gaffer Tape" or "duct tape" used in your GR hoop magnetic hoop work around?   I ordered from Amazon the item linked in your email.  Sadly it looks like it's been around for a while, is very tacky and says it is "duct tape".   Apparently they are not the same thing.  In my opinion, this item doesn't appear to be what you'd want on the hoop especially if needing to remove it to use the hoop for an embroidery.

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 05:39:24 AM PST, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:

I understand lack of space!  Did you know that dog grooming arms (for grooming tables) will clamp onto table surfaces and you can get as many or as few as you need for whatever configuration necessary to support a project.  Lots of different kinds, and some fold up and/or come apart, and can be stored in minimal space when not in use.  (Yorkshire Terriers supervise everything I do!)

- Cat (FL)