Re: DIY - make your own magnetic hoop for the 15000 using the GR hoop

Cat - N

I haven’t tried the GR hoop DIY (thank you for the instructions!) or ordered the tape, but I have used the 3M tape (link below) on my hoops for several years. It is very sticky, holds well, but leaves no residue on the hoops. Someone recommended it, I think in this group.

- Cat

Typos courtesy of autocorrect.

On Feb 23, 2021 at 8:28 AM, <saba_cat2 via groups.io> wrote:

Jim and Diane,

Is "Gaffer Tape" or "duct tape" used in your GR hoop magnetic hoop work around?   I ordered from Amazon the item linked in your email.  Sadly it looks like it's been around for a while, is very tacky and says it is "duct tape".   Apparently they are not the same thing.  In my opinion, this item doesn't appear to be what you'd want on the hoop especially if needing to remove it to use the hoop for an embroidery.

On Friday, February 12, 2021, 05:39:24 AM PST, Cat - N via groups.io <navillusc@...> wrote:

I understand lack of space!  Did you know that dog grooming arms (for grooming tables) will clamp onto table surfaces and you can get as many or as few as you need for whatever configuration necessary to support a project.  Lots of different kinds, and some fold up and/or come apart, and can be stored in minimal space when not in use.  (Yorkshire Terriers supervise everything I do!)

- Cat (FL)