Re: Smaller shank 5mm for the Janome 79mm

Tammy Gosselin

I'm sry, I did mean the 7mm. And ty for getting back to me. I just wasn't sure if it was possible,  I just wanted it for straight stitching and nothing else. Ty so much

On Sun, Feb 14, 2021, 7:36 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
There is no 5mm foot holder that could be used on the 15000, and trying to use that could cause big problems. You could use a 7mm high shank adapter with 7mm feet. There are two that you could use:

830504017 - 11000 foot holder

846572004 - 7700 foot holder

When using either of these you must be very careful to never set the stitch width or needle position outside the range of 7mm. Some feet, particularly after-market feet from 3rd party producers, may not work with this holder. It’s best to turn the hand wheel through a full stitch cycle when using a 7mm holder, just to be sure the needle won’t hit.