Re: Skipped stitches with Janome M7

Barbara Bailey <barbarabailey4gk@...>

I'll try that, thanks!

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021, 11:13 AM Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:
One thing you might try and that is to thread the machine using both parts at the thread stand - it means that you have to loop the thread around the top.  It just adds a little extra tension.  I’ve started doing this with ALL my sewing on this machine - not because of skipped stitches, but because a friend suggested this to me and another friend (we always sewed together as often as we could before COVID and we all have the M7).  I’m not sure that is necessary for everything, but you might find it helps.  I’m not a free motioner but I’ve read and been told that the direction you move the fabric can make a difference and moving things too quickly or not at a steady pace, but that is only hearsay as I don’t do this technique.

Cheryl - Saskatoon