Re: Servicing an 11000

saba_cat2

I too have an 11000 which had been stored in side (in a Tutto case) for over a year with no use.  At Christmas when my 15000 had an issue, the 11000 was brought out of hibernation.  Turned it own and the error message "Raise Pressure Foot and Needle Bar, then power on again" popped up.  Of course, following these steps did not help.  Took machine in for service and after getting it back did not use for a couple months.  Low and behold there was that same error message again.  Might mention that gear cycling doesn't sound like a recall it sounding like.  I can turn the machine on/off 3-5 times and the message no longer appears.  Until it sits for a day or two.  Spoke with the technician and was told it was the A-motor (?) going out.  Cost to replace approximately $700.  Possibly??

In the mean time, I had watched a Facebook video clip by a dealer who's husband is a technician and this exact issue was mentioned.  They indicated that this is a common problem with machines that have sat inactive for long periods of time whereby the lubrication in the motor (??) become thick (dry/hard/????).  To me this sounds likely.  What is involved to resolve this, I don't know.

Undoubtedly, I'd like to have this fixed as I'd like to sell the machine.

Jim, can you shed any further light and/or direction on this issue?

On Sunday, January 24, 2021, 09:41:35 AM PST, Cheryl Paul <capaul@...> wrote:

Lynn,

Hopefully that dealer didn't take the machine apart and ruin it.  I'd collect it as soon as possible, take it to your original dealer's technician, get a detailed invoice of what he/she does to the 11000.  I'd then be tempted to take it back to the "bad guy" and show him/her what scammers they are.

I like you gave my 11000 to my daughter back in 2014 or so and she runs it with no issues.  I almost got myself into a pickle here as I also gave my MC6000 another daughter for a wedding gift, as it was better than most new machines of the price I'd get to sell it - that was in 2004, and she still uses that machine to hem her pants, mend what needs mending and I KNOW that machine hasn't been in for a service since I had it serviced to give to her.  As for the 11000, I also know that it hasn't been in either and both work just fine.  Yours should too if that twit hasn't messed with it.

I hope that you can get this resolved so that your daughter can enjoy lots of "good" sewing and embroidery with her gift from you.

Cheryl - Saskatoon