Testing needle wear

Pixey

I have been getting my sewing room back in order and unearthed 3 different pincushions where I had stashed gently used needles. This was usually from where I had done a small project (not enough to wear out the needle) but the next project needed a different needle but I kept forgetting to go back to the slightly used one. Most of the needles are blue tip and purple tip, with a couple of red tips and Organ Topstitch needles thrown in as well.

Does anyone have a good test or tips for determining needle wear that I could use to get a sense of how worn out these needles actually are? Unfortunately, my recollection of what I might have actually used them for is nonexistent.

Thanks,
Pixey