Re: Thread Book

Jim Stutsman

Hi Mary, thanks so much for using our app. We are about to enter a new phase of development. Apple is now making their own chips, which has turned out to be a major game-changer. They are insanely fast, leaving Intel in the dust, but also very low power for long battery life on laptops. Their new Macs using the M1 chipset are capable of running iOS applications just as they did on iPhone and iPad. However that's only on the latest model laptops. It will likely be a bit before the desktop computers get the new chips, and there is no way to add this capability to older Macs. As for Windows, I closed that book 13 years ago and will not be going back.