Re: formating a usb

Pixey

Actually the 500e and the S9 do the embroidery file structure exactly like the 15000, except the 500e does not create a parallel ORD folder on the USB like the 15000 and S9 do.

I can actually use the USB dives interchangeably between the 3 machines.

Pixey

On Dec 7, 2020, at 10:27 AM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

That's normal. ALL designs MUST be in a folder, which is itself inside the EMB folder. A design folder may contain ONLY designs, not other folders. It's a frustrating system, because it works like Windows almostbut not quite! Most classes just tell everyone to put designs in the EmbF folder for simplicity, but it's perfectly acceptable to have other folders as long as they reside in EMB. I don't have an S9 or 500e, so I don't know how those machines structure a USB drive.