Re: Embroidery unit veil

Else

Hi Jim,

Thank you so much for your help.

Finally yesterday we got to see if we could repair the unit. And we could - arms is still over our heads. The biggest problem was the the screw was damaged, so my husband found another piece of tool and managed to get the old one out. Then he did as described on page 55 and fastened a new screw and then we tested it on the machine. It just sews so fine now.

I’m so glad I found this group, and it is possible to have a forum in one continent and get help in another. Two years ago I went to USA with my family and we would all like to visit again, when it is possible to travel.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kind regards
Else Marie

Den 27. nov. 2020 kl. 23.53 skrev Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...>:

Do not apologize for your English!!! I have the utmost respect for anyone who is fluent in more than one language, and English is absurdly difficult with its many meanings for a single word. In this case, yes, slack is closer. The actual English word would be "play", which I'm sure is extremely confusing! Fortunately I think you can repair it yourself, because it appears to be an adjustment. I've not had to do that myself, but the arm MUST be rigid or you will have terrible embroidery. I'm sending you instructions by email.

Let's see how Google does going the other way:
Undskyld ikke din engelsk !!! Jeg har den største respekt for enhver, der behersker mere end et sprog, og engelsk er absurd vanskelig med sine mange betydninger for et enkelt ord. I dette tilfælde, ja, slap er tættere. Det egentlige engelske ord ville være "play", hvilket jeg er sikker på er ekstremt forvirrende! Heldigvis tror jeg, du kan reparere det selv, fordi det ser ud til at være en justering. Jeg har ikke været nødt til at gøre det selv, men armen SKAL være stiv, ellers får du forfærdeligt broderi. Jeg sender dig instruktioner via e-mail.