Re: formating a usb

Pixey

I now understand why I was having trouble last year explaining to my quilt store Embroidery Club leader where to put the files so my S9 could find them.  I think there have been some slight changes at some point.

I am not sure why, but none of my machines (S9, 500e, or 15000 V2 upgraded to V3) automatically open to the EmbF folder when I plug in the USB anymore.  I get a little spinner showing it is recognizing the USB is there, but it doesn’t actually go to it.  Also, while the machine Is happy with you having individual designs in the EmbF folder, it also allows you to have additional folders at the same level path level EmbF and place designs in these folders as well.   Grouping designs in folders within EmbF and individual stitch files under the EMB path does not work.

Pixey

On Dec 7, 2020, at 7:34 AM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

The use of USB flash drives started with the 11000. Each machine has a slightly different structure, but the 12000 and 15000 share the same scheme. It creates top level folders EMB and ORD on the flash drive. Inside EMB it creates EmbF. When the drive is inserted in the machine the EmbF folder is opened by default. You can use the arrows to navigate to other folders. There are two main rules:
1. Every design MUST be inside a folder.
2. The folder from step 1 MUST be inside EMB

For best results it's best of the USB drive has a capacity of 2GB or less.