Re: Serger issues - and flat lock seams

June E Hudspeth

I couldn't agree with Cheryl more.

This is the 'greatest" group I've ever had the pleasure of belonging too. Not only do you get "tremendous" support, but you get "lot's of it" from, many, many people.

Sometimes it takes a village and this group is that and more.

I also love hearing the personal stories. Cheryl, Favy (spelling), Cat, to name just a few - you have almost "bared your souls" and I love each and every one of you.

Thanks for all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!

June

-----Original Message-----
From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Cheryl Paul
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2020 7:02 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Serger issues - and flat lock seams

Hi Everyone,

This group is GREAT! I shared what I knew, asked a few questions and got such good responses. Like I mentioned I only ever did this technique in a long day and 3 or more hours of travel to get there and then again back home (we did stay one night) and did so many things that a person’s mind is boggled and this was JUST THE SERGER - a simple plain 4 thread Singer serger with bad tension on most days.

This was back in the 80’s when I was somewhere around 40 years old - had children somewhere between the youngest about of 6 - 10 and and the oldest being 13-17 with the 2 in between. I had a wonderful husband that can cook, and was tremendous with the children and didn’t mind his turn at lonely parenting.

I came home so overwhelmed that I didn’t actually do much of any of the things I’d learned, but did have a binder full of samples - which I may still have somewhere in my house, but sadly that particular serger is LONG gone, but I have a much better one now and the techniques are still rattling in my brain somewhere.

I so glad that some of you have “old” books to refer to and know where they are to help us out. I think I might be inspired to try some of these tricks again. I have 15 and 9 year old grand daughters (my little cleaning maids) that sew - some of this might be of interest to them in their world of sewing. They like to experiment and Ava (15) is really a good young sewist and her cooking skills are fabulous too. I guess “home schooling” might not be so bad after all. My other grand children don’t have the time to learn such things in detail.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.