Re: Hand look stitch

Carole O'Mara

I asked at my local quilt shop and they advised not to use the 100wt if the quilt is to be ironed after washing as the thread is very fine and will melt.  This is a double bed sized quilt and it is for my granddaughter.  It will probably need washing at some point and possibly need ironing.  Could a low setting on the iron (silk or wool) and a light pressure be enough to keep from melting the 100wt?

Thanks,
Carole

On Nov 5, 2020, at 8:21 PM, Tracy <TJOriginals@...> wrote:

Carole-

Yes, your plan should work.  I've used 100wt Invisifil on several machines when quilting.  It disappears so you don't have to change thread all the time to match colors of your fabric which is totally awesome in my book.  You'll still want to use an 80/12 needle due to the layers altho with the weight of the thread you could use a thinner/smaller one otherwise.

Have fun!

Tracy in Nashville, TN

Martha Pullen Licensed Educator