12000 Embroidery Arm Connection

Cheryl Alm

I’m making an inquiry for a friend who owns a 12000.  I’m including a photo of the connection on her machine where the embroidery arm connects.  It’s easy to see the damage.  She has been told that this part cannot be ordered and she would have to purchase a new embroidery unit that would cost approximately $1,500.00.  She was then told that she would be better off to upgrade to a newer machine.  Just looking for opinions since she felt like they were more interested in selling a machine instead of ordering a part.  Thanks for any insight.