Re: Off topic perspective on our future

Sewhat

Thank YOU, for not only being honest but also what we may need to watch instead of having are heads stuck in sewing and embroidery videos.  I will watch thank you

Donna Strode

On Friday, September 11, 2020, 8:43:20 AM EDT, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Today is especially meaningful for those of us in the United States, but I would imagine that wherever you live you remember where you were when you heard the news. So much has changed since September 11, 2001, that we can barely recognize the world we live in. Like me, you may be wondering "How did we come to this?" Last night I watched a documentary-drama on Netflix that goes a long way toward answering that question, and it raises some chilling concerns. It's called the social dilemma. While I have purposely avoided anything political on this list, this documentary applies to both sides of the aisle. It focuses on the one thing we all have in common, our humanity.

In full disclosure, I had a son who worked at Netflix, though he hasn't for more than a year. They don't need me to shill for them - COVID-19 has given them a huge surge of subscribers. They paid for the documentary, so it's not likely to be available on any other platform, at least for now. If you use Google, Facebook, Twitter, or even Pinterest you need to watch it. This post is NOT click-bait - I get no income from this list, though I do pay for it. I'm not looking for comments either. I just want you to know what's going on. Be aware, stay well.