Re: Thread question

Vikki Youngmeyer

You can reuse the pre-wound bobbins when empty and wind your own. There is a difference between the aftermarket “supposedly suited bobbins for Janome machines” and the actual bobbins manufactured by Janome. I bought a box of 50 red Janome bobbins that came directly from Janome. I know that for a fact as I was working in an LQS that sold Janome machines. We had an order come in one day with notions from Janome and bobbins were in that order. When you put the Janome bobbins side by side with the aftermarket ones you can see differences in the shapes.

Vikki

Houston, TX

From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> On Behalf Of Lyn Quine
Sent: Sunday, August 30, 2020 10:37 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Thread question

In honesty the thread was probably ok it’s more likely the bobbin, they say they fit multiple machine but actually they are often a little bit different to the branded ones for your machines.  I bought some prewounds, along with some thread, they were supposedly suited to Janomes.  I have 4 Janomes and all 4 machines, the stitch quality was really bad and they bounced around in the machine.  Bought Janome prewounds and they were great, no noise stitch quality great.  Sad to say, we can’t get Janome prewounds in the UK, we have to buy them from the States so there’s duty and VAT and shipping which makes them too expensive.

Join onlinesewing-janome@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.