500e vs 550e question

Pixey

I am considering whether I want to upgrade from the 500e to the 550e as we start getting into holiday sales. I wondered if anyone in the group had done so and could share whether there were any other improvements between the 500e and the 550e other than the larger hoop capacity? Such as smoother, quieter sewing, etc. Comparing the two manuals and information on the Janome site, I am not spotting many differences. But sort of like a new car model, the 500e was a 1st generation of a new direction for Janome and the 550e offered the opportunity to fix little things.

Thanks,
Pixey