warning message on 12000

Sherryl Doran

I will be happily sewing along on my 12000, then suddenly, a warning message comes on that says to be sure I have the proper presser foot on. I do, so why am I getting this message. I told the repair shop about it when I took the machine in for cleaning, but they said it didn't do it when they were running it. I have determined that it USUALLY occurs after the machine has been running a while, maybe 45 minutes or so. If I am only doing regular sewing it is not really a problem, except for the annoyance of having to choose OK and then continuing. But if I am doing any decorative sewing or embroidery, BIG PROBLEM, because the machine wants to start over at the beginning of the pattern or design. Someone told me it is a sensor problem. Do I take it back to the shop and insist they run it until the warning message pops up for them? I do thoroughly clean under the stitch plate, bobbin case, etc. and it usually puts off another warning for a while.