Re: quilting on the 12000

favymtz

Without regurgitating the whole magnetic hoop topic!!!! The whole reason that the Stutsmans and myself have come up with our own versions of magnetic hoops is because the Acufil hoop (ASQ22) isn't strong enough to hold thick quilts for embroidery.
It's also my experience and opinion, that it's also absolutely asking too much of the hoop and it's magnets to expect it to hold a quilt with 2 layers of batting.

If a person uses digitizing skills and software and gets really good at it, the Acufil system can absolutely replace a long arm machine. BUT, the big BUT is, it takes skills!
--
Favymtz