Re: Inconsistent tension on 1500

blue_lak

You said it's skipping stitches. Are the "loops" really just long threads of skipped stitches, and not loops on the underside when embroidering? That can also be a foot pressure problem. I have a 12000 and notice that I often have to increase foot pressure if using 40 wt thread. Generally it's fine with 50 or 60 wt for piecing and sewing. I also have to adjust it sometimes if I'm using an odd needle. My usual is a Jeans #11 or Quilting #12. Another test she can try is to use the 1/4" flex foot for piecing and see if it still skips stitches. If the Flex foot doesn't skip with regular foot pressure but it does skip with the A foot, that's an indication of a foot pressure problem.