Re: Puckers in embroidery

Patricia Ward

Yes, I use the Pellon SF 101 as well and it really helps.  Also make sure you starch the fabric before you fuse it...  and then do the embroidery using your hooped stabilizers.

Some designs just will pucker more than others and if your fabric is not really stiff and stable then it will draw up esp with letters.

Pat

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 8:01 AM JANE MORELAND via groups.io <Moreland41=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have been able to mostly eliminate puckering by ironing Pelion 101 (Shape Flex, a woven interfacing) onto the fabric. I hoop and stabilize as usual.

On Jul 21, 2020, at 7:05 PM, Ceil J <cjancola@...> wrote:

Not sure if this helps or is the problem you have but I've found that some stabilizer shrink when I use steam.  So now I either steam them ahead of time if possible or don't use steam.