Re: Puckers in embroidery

Mary E

I too have issues with puckers. I use midweight stabilizer and then ‘float’ a lightweight piece of stabilizer under that. I make sure that the design is tight in the hoop. That seems to help enormously. If you are using very dense designs, that also adds to puckering. I am usually able to creatively iron out puckers when I am done.
Mary

On Tuesday, July 21, 2020, Joyce VanAtta via groups.io <shesews4em=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I have sewn out two wedding samplers from Designs by Juju, and the design is beautiful.
When the first one was finished, there were puckers around the letters.  I decided there was not enough
stabilizer, and sewed out another.  This time I used two iron on stabilizers.  There are puckers again.
The tension is lessened by one on my Janome 15000.  Of course I want to have this done right now. :-))
I will appreciate any and all suggestions.  Thanks.