Re: Router ports to open and UDP or TCP?

Ceil J

Yes, thank you to you both.  This is now much clearer.  This request was from a group that handles the overflow for our local techs.  The local tech saw the trouble ticket and called me.  Now my (old) desktop can communicate with both the printer and the Janome so it seems it's the relatively new laptop that has a problem.  So far hours with their tech support has yielded no results and so I've been backing up everything in anticipation of a system wipe and replace.  UGH.  But thank you again.  The router could not  have been the problem if it let one computer interact with the network, so the laptop is the problem.