Re: Question about setting up a new ipad

Ceil J

Thanks, Jim.  As my husband has my old ipad and all the apps are on it, it should not be a problem.  He probably won't even care if I leave them on that ipad as they haven't bothered him in the several months that he's been using it (and that I've been without).  I've been spending my time trying to clean up the mess I made with embroidery files when I first got my 15000 machine.  Even though it's all organized, I somehow thought that it would be a good idea to save every "freebee" that came my way.  Again, what a mess.  I've deleted so much and I'm so tired of saying, "what was I thinking?"   Thanks again. Ceil

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 7:33 PM Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Apple has allowed for this, but it’s not at all obvious. When you get the new iPad set it up with the Apple ID you want to use for iCloud. Then open Settings and tap the icon at the top with your picture. On that page tap iTunes and App Store. There you can enter the Apple ID for your apps. That will allow the apps you purchased from that ID to be used. For files and data you will need to restore the backup that I hope you made of the old iPad. Do that before you set up the new one, and you’ll have the option to restore from the old one when you set up the new one.