Re: Adding Metadata to Embroidery Files to Aid in Search

Suzanne Martin

I use Embird to see the designs when searching.

I do order many designs from Embroidery Library which has a great option to scroll or search your ordered designs.

I also have a set of folders named by category, food, baby, kitchen, etc...

Thank you!
Suzanne Martin, GRI
Associate Broker
Charles Rutenberg LLC
suzmar45@...
(407) 234-6906

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020, 3:33 PM Marsha_Comcast <mminten@...> wrote:
This question is most likely directed at Jim.

I'm still fairly new to machine embroidery and like everyone, I've begun collecting design files. Many companies have a naming convention of letters and numbers that are helpful for them but not so much for the end user.

Currently I have them organized by company and have added some descriptors to the name of the file. But I was wondering if it's possible to add metadata to a purchased embroidery file?
Since I'm on a Mac, I can "get info" about a file and there is a "Comment" section, would entering keywords in that section be included in a Spotlight Search?

I'm sure I could always plug it all into an Excel file and use filters to sort but I'm trying to avoid that work.

If you have a better suggestion for making files more searchable, I'd love to hear.

Thank you,
Marsha