Re: My Magnet Hoop

favymtz

We did get the idea for the magnetic hoop from Jim and Diane but with differences. The wood frame is all one piece. The wood is Oak and the darker wood at the corners is Purple Heart (I first said it was Walnut). He made it that way because he wanted it to be pretty, it’s not for functionality!
He pieced and glued the wood frame and then routed the corners, I think.
So, solid wood would work fine, as long as it’s sanded smooth, no splinters.
My husband also makes beautiful wood bowls and other things on his wood lathe. He also built our house!
On another note, I recently asked him to make my urn...
I sent a picture of it to my sisters and they all got freaked out.
Favymtz

--
Favymtz