Re: Sewing chair

Kathleen Chevalier

The book "Dream Sewing Spaces" by Janette Raney-Black has lots of ideas and an excellent section on ergonomic measurements for you sewing space. As for a chair, I have an office chair with no arms, a good one that adjusts for height and back. It has 5 "legs" with castors (rollers) on them. I suggest that you get one with the 5 legs, not the cheaper ones with 4.

Of course, Koala and Horn, who make sewing furniture, have excellent chairs. Pricey, but worth it, if you sit at your sewing machine for very long each day.

--
Kathleen Chevalier
western Pennsylvania