Re: Sewing chair

favymtz

I am also 5 ft tall, and because of that, my oh so handy husband made my sewing tables. The table height is 29" from the floor. I think commercial sewing cabinets are 32". My tables have the Horn lift mechanisms in them so that's the sewing height, of course when I embroider I have to raise the machines up.
My chairs are adjustable height rolling chairs that I purchased at a furniture store. They work great.
It's SO important that we have ergonomically proper height furniture. One day I was sewing all day at a gathering and my machine was on a regular height banquet table. My hands were almost at shoulder height to sew. I had neck and shoulder pain, numbness and tingling for about a month afterward, my goodness that was scary!
favymtz

--
Favymtz