Re: Difficult Choice

Claire Schutz

Oh Cheryl Paul, the 15K Quiltmaker has the hand stitches.  Please don't take offense, just wanted to let you know. You purchased a wonderful machine according to what I have seen. I have the Quiltmaker and they are very similar. One difference is the Quiltmaker has the embroidery.  We all have different needs and the companies keep adding more to the "want" list.  Enjoy, Claire S.

On 6/17/2020 3:59 PM, Cheryl Paul wrote:
Hi Susan,

I sent a message about my wonderful Continental M7 yesterday. I forgot to mention that it has a feature that NO Janome machine has to date and that is the “hand” stitch stitches. These are wonderful in that when you select a stitch and enter it again, and again, and again, it changes. There is a video on this stitch that shows how this works - it looks so like real hand work that it is unbelievable. I haven’t tried it, because I’m busy making 3 grand daughter quilts and while I’m in the zone, I don’t dare to deviate or they will still not be sewn, when these girls are full grown (they are 9 and 10 now). That is only a drop in the bucket of the quits that I need to make as I have 13 grand children, so I only have 10 more to go. So some of this testing will have to wait - thankfully these videos will still be there to refresh my memory on “how to”.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=236303227588530&ref=watch_permalink
One place to look at this technique. I think there are others, but I must use the wrong phrases as I’m not finding some others. If you google “Janome Continental M7” you’ll find lots of good information. It might help your decision.

Cheryl - Saskatoon