Re: Lubricating an older machine...

ZKazmi <zskazmi@...>

I had the same question about lubricating gears.  I have a newer mechancial Janome machine that has been sitting in my closet for a few years. It's hardly been used. I bought it five years ago and made some stitch samples but never used it to actually sew anything. When I took it out and sewed on it yesterday, I noticed that it is sewing slower. I have oiled the machine and cleaned it but I'm wondering if the gears need to be greased. The foot pedal and bobbin winder seem to be working at full speed but the machine is not sewing at full speed. Would Tri-Flo grease be fine to use on the gears?