S9 tension issue

Toni Valenstein

I'm making a quilt and just doing straight1/4 inch seams.  The stitches are pulling the fabric to cause it to pucker slighter.  (It's puckering upwards at both corners, yet the bobbin thread seems too tight?)   When I press the thread cutter button it pulls the thread and makes it worse.  I'm using 100% cotton thread and Janome prewound bobbins.  Checked the tension settings.  They're both on Auto.  Tried playing around with the settings and it only gets worse.  Cleaned out all my dust bunnies and changed the needle.  Nothing helps.....

Any suggestions?