Re: Memory Craft 11000 auto needle threader not working

Pixey

Kathy,

Are you remembering to engage the lock function from the touch screen and drop the presser foot each time you are wanting to using the threader?  I have found that the hoop position on the MC500e/550e plays a big role in the ability of the threader to function.   Looking at it, you would think everything clears, but it doesn’t and you get what you describe, where it only goes part way down or part way around.  This is why when you engage the lock function from the touch screen and drop the presser foot to use the threader, it will often say to needs to move the hoop to thread the needle.

Pixey

On Jun 2, 2020, at 7:57 AM, Kathy Strabel <ksbappa@...> wrote:

Cat---I guess you can say that the answer to your question is "it depends". I have recently had some trouble with a balky threader on a different Janome machine than yours. I am speaking of my MC500E Embroidery-only machine.  It worked just fine for about 20 color changes, then, it simply did not work. It was the same embroidery session,, same brand and weight  and type of thread, just a different color (and not black, which sometimes seems stiffer and not as cooperative with the threaders...)  The button you press down to activate the threader (on the side of the machine), would only push partially down, and the mechanism only would twist about halfway, so the   threader hook would not swing into place and go through the needle's eye.  I finished my project by just hand-threading the needle. Then I did several other projects without any problem, no hand-threading needed. And again today, I am  embroidering, and in between one color and the next, the threader refused to work properly. Again, same brand, type, and size of thread. It just refused to work.   I have tried all sorts of suggestions---foot up, foot down, (foot should always be UP when threading the upper portion), holding the thread, not holding the thread, checking that ALL guides have been utilized,  Lock button engaged, Lock button not engaged, .....whatever, you name it. The threader just seems to be very quirky and malfunctions without warning or reason.  I'm sorry that this does  not answer your question, but I hope it makes you feel that you are not the only person having this aggravating problem.   Happy stitching and sewing!!
Kathy Strabel   Camas WA