Re: Two Questions, Please

Carole Hollmann

Jim —

Thanks again for the info—and the chuckle about the yogurt and the elastic. I feel like we are all living among the Keystone Cops. We had Amazon leave our zillion dollar ink cartridges under the tree in our front yard. Not long after that Informed Delivery told me my mask nose pieces would be delivered by USPS that day (after weeks of waiting).  Amazon then said they were delivered. They were, but not to me. I jumped in the car and chased down the mailman in his truck, pulling in front of him like the cops do. Nice guy that he was, he did a U-turn and tore off down the road to where his electronic gadget said he might have left it. It was and I got my nose pieces, only to have the machine go belly up. I could go on with that saga as more things happened today, but we all have our stories, don’t we?

Thanks again for the good info and hope your holiday weekend was pleasant.

Carole Hollmann

On May 25, 2020, at 4:36 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Damage to the white disc under the bobbin case usually happens in one of these ways:
1. The needle isn't all the way up in the needle clamp, so it hits.
2. The needle clamp is not tight and the needle slides down.
3. The needle breaks and the tip falls under the bobbin case and gets pushed into the spinning hook race.

Due to the unusual situation we are in, shipping is completely unpredictable. Amazon usually delivered next day prior to the lockdown. Now it's a week or more, or in the case of elastic shipped from China, never. I don't know the state of shipping in the Janome warehouse. If they are not shipping that is a huge factor. UPS, usually reliable, is having their own hard time. Recently we got a package of frozen yogurt treats intended for someone else. It was packed in dry ice, but was actually in-transit for 13 days. The dry ice was long gone, and even though we contacted the rightful recipient immediately, all was lost.

Regarding the aforementioned white disc, most dealers never change it. It's one of the easiest parts to change, second only to the needle, and it's cheap. Many technicians regard it as trim or window dressing, even though every stitch must drag across it.