Re: Zigzag stitch on Janome 9400

Sharleen Brett

Thank you so much, Favymtz & Jan!  Since I’ve sewn on Janome machines for so many years, I guess I took it for granted that I knew how to insert the bobbin. But I absolutely had it in backwards!  My self-confidence is slowly by surely going to return as I spend more time on my machine. This online email group is such a blessing. I hope I am in a position to help you all out at some point but feel like I’ve got a lot of catching up to do!

Sharleen Brett
Cell: (817) 939-6469

On May 18, 2020, at 4:07 PM, blue_lak via groups.io <blue_lak@...> wrote:

It looks like either the bobbin is in backwards, feeding the wrong direction, or the top thread isn't under the thread guide plate at the top. I usually have to hold a length of the thread between both hands to make sure it pops under that guide plate. When all else fails, take out both threads and rethread from the beginning.
Jan in MD