Zigzag stitch on Janome 9400

Sharleen Brett

I must confess that I haven’t used my machine in a few years and I’m having to relearn everything. But I have referred to my manual so many times trying to figure this one out. I am sewing zigzag stitch M (#8) on a single layer of fabric. I am sewing on the right side and sending you a picture that shows what I get on the top side and what I get on the backside. Actually, the backside looks more like a zigzag stitch but is still very funky looking. I have played with tension and the feed balancing dial (which was way off the 0), but nothing seems to make any difference. I’m sure it’s an operator error, but can anyone offer any suggestions of what I should do differently?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Sharleen Brett