Re: iPads and iPhones

Jim Stutsman

Take a look at Settings -> iTunes & App Stores and turn off Apps & App Updates under Automatic Downloads. Once you get done experimenting you may want to turn the options back on, but it should stop the apps from propagating to the iPad. For a shopping list you can use the Reminders app built into iOS. We routinely use it for our once-weekly, now bi-weekly Costco run. You can also use "Hey Siri, add dryer sheets to Costco reminders", though that doesn't always work the way it should. Another built-in app that I use heavily is Notes. Among its many features is a scanner, which is great for making copies of receipts or anything else you want to keep for a while.