From: Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...>
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Tue, May 12, 2020 6:34 pm
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Checking in

Amazon has the latest generation of iPads at good prices. Don't get the smallest (32GB), but the next biggest should be fine. Pick the size that works for you. Sadly your iPad 2, or maybe iPad 4 depending on when you got it, is not able to run most of the latest apps. Sadly the pace of software runs much faster than the ability of the hardware to keep up. To make it worse, the battery in an iPad is pretty much not replaceable. The screen is glued on and getting it open is pretty much out of the question. Expect a lifetime of 3-5 years before it either expires is becomes hopelessly obsolete. Ironically the iPhone does have a replaceable battery, though that is not for the faint of heart. I recently attempted to replace the battery on an iPhone 7 so I could use it for development. The process seemed to go smoothly once I got past the adhesive seal making it waterproof. However when I finished putting in the new battery the Home button & Touch ID no longer work. Should have just paid Apple to do it!